cFIRST believes it has an important duty to ensure good environmental performance in all its business operations and to provide the necessary organisation, commitment and training to fulfil this obligation. The senior management firmly believes in, and is committed to monitoring and improving environmental performance, pollution prevention and environmental protection.
These Aims Will Be Achieved Through:
- Incorporating environmental responsibility into all business operations by planning environmental protection, reviewing and developing policy, by setting targets and reviewing and auditing performance.
- Implementing a systematic waste minimization programme to achieve objectives and targets to reduce waste, avoiding the use of terminal waste treatment and dealing with it as far as possible at source.
- Pursuing continuous improvement in environmental performance, where reasonably practicable, by setting objectives and targets, especially in addressing the areas of resource use, by reducing energy and water consumption, increasing re- use and recycling and improving solid and liquid waste management methods.
- Being committed to maintaining effective communication systems on environmental matters through training and improved awareness.
- All employees have responsibilities for policy implementation by participating and contributing to its success through their actions and suggestions.