Background Check Services
Making a wise decision takes more than just guesswork. This very reason makes it very important to conduct background checks. These background checks can be run by an employer or landlord to know who they are dealing with so that they can make an educated decision. It helps you to comprehend the background of an individual and evaluate his/her complete past. This can include but is not limited to identity check, education check, employment history check, medical history, financial history, credit history check and criminal history check. The main objective of conducting the background check is to ensure that the information provided is accurate and can safeguard the interest of the person conducting the background check against fraudulent activities, income loss or damage to reputation.
Before conducting the background check, it is crucial to adhere to the federal laws of the country where the check is being run so that the applicants and employees are protected against any discrimination. This can be due to discrimination based on color, religion, sex, genetic information (encompassing family medical history, race, origin, and age. These laws provide Equal Employment Opportunity governed by Equal Employment Opportunity Community Community (EEOC).
If the background check is run by a company in business, it needs to be in accordance with Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA). The FCRA has been enforced by the Federal Trade Commission (FTC). Before conducting the background checks, it is of paramount importance to check the laws of the state and municipalities where the background check is being run. This is due to the fact that certain states and municipalities in the country where the background check is run have regulatory norms for employee background check.
What is a Background Check?
A background check assists the person conducting it to scrutinize the commercial, criminal and sometimes financial records of an individual and ensures that the information provided by the individual is 100% accurate to safeguard your interest from any negative aspects including damage of reputation, loss of income and fraudulent activity.
Why should you opt for Background Check?
The background check is run by employers to check the background history of their candidates during the recruitment process. It has been estimated that nearly 40% of resumes contain false or tweaked information. Hence, it is crucial to run background verification checks by employers on potential candidates. Some of the other reasons that make background check a must for an employee include:
- Makes the case for zero probability of the hiring process going for a toss
- Uncovers the dishonest applicants
- Weeds out employees with past history of violence or drug abuse
- Scrutinizes the criminal background of the potential employee so that only the ones with clean background are selected and kept for longer durations
- Provides safe work environment to the employees hired
- Better hires = less employee turnover
cFIRST understands this situation, and so with the help of our precise background checks, you can expect precise and accurate results that can provide you a wealth of information to make wise decisions. The online background check process at cFIRST is very simple yet swift, effective and affordable which makes it very easy for you to get the verification done efficiently. So, opt for a background check from cFIRST today and get first-hand information that is precise, timely and accurate for wise decision making!
Background Checks Offered by cFIRST
- ISO 27001:2013 certified, PBSA, NASSCOM NSR empaneled company with 2,000,000+ checks
- Awarded and trusted by world’s largest companies
- Strong international presence and networks allow cFIRST to carry out intensive checks across the globe
- Best in-class service quality and excellent turnaround times
- Comprehensive, Customized Background Verification Solutions – across verticals and sectors
- Dedicated Drug Testing and Compliance teams
- Convenient data entry/report retrieval processes
- Top-notch, secure and technology-backed processes